And just when you thought...

...that the Chronikal was dead, alas, it lives!

I've been busy lately sprucing up all the places where Positronikal might be found, to include a new home on the interwebs: https://positronikal.github.io/. I'm still in the process of populating projects, getting things moved around, and such as that. There will definitely be new digital forensic tools added there in the coming weeks, not the least of which will be installments that make up what I've named the Carnivore Digital Forensic System. I won't spend too much time on that now as I have an entire blog post in mind that will explain it all in detail.


For the time being, I have two placeholder projects there that I'll move to my personal repository soon. I just needed something in place until I get some of these forensic tools up.


I will say that I'm looking for sponsors to help promote these new tools. I'll be formally approaching those the entities that I have initially in mind with a proposal soon. I'm not looking for funding. Instead I'm looking for promotion and distribution from organizations that are willing to collaborate on the code repositories, test the betas, make use of the tools, tell others, train others, distribute to others, and/or tell everyone they know about it.


Speaking of telling what you know, I'm in the process of doing just that. I've taught a course over the last some years titled "Computer Fast Forensics", mainly at the University of Arkansas' Criminal Justice Institute (CJI) and to the staff at Arkansas State University - Beebe (ASUB). In addition, I've spent almost the last two years writing a technical book based on the course that allows me to explore topics in much greater depth than I can in the classroom. It's intended to be as versatile as possible - as a text book, a desk reference, and a self-study guide. It takes you through a notional investigation focusing on digital evidence aspects that pertain to a digital forensic examiner. I'll have more information in a later post about this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forensic Review with Notepad++

A New Live Triage Tool Taking Shape, Part 2

A New Live Triage Tool Taking Shape, Part 1